Insights From The Blog
Solution for the Shortage of Unity Developers
Currently, Unity is far more popular as a game development platform than any other software, and it is believed that there are as many as four and half million users worldwide. Its appeal comes from the fact that it is equally usable by both hobbyists and serious developers – and everyone in between – alike, and produces fast results. But its intuitive interface can make some users believe that they are better at using this comprehensive tool than they actually are, and that raises a danger of people being able to talk themselves into jobs that they are not actually capable of fulfilling.
The hiring of the right senior developer for your team is a difficult balancing act to achieve, and if you do slot a developer into a job that is beyond their developer skills, it could set your project timescales back significantly, and as we all know, time really is money!
All of those 4.5 million users have undoubted skills, but the sheer flexibility and potential of Unity means that skill sets can be highly varied, and there is a real danger of hiring someone who doesn’t have the particular skills that you need. This goes to for senior developers, who may be able to demonstrate their capabilities but when it comes to the crunch, their core strengths are not fully aligned with what you need for your project.
Here at Unity Developers, we have an extensive background in Unity projects and pride ourselves on our customer-centric philosophy, which sees the client being placed at the core and their satisfaction is our paramount concern. That means getting the development right, in accordance with the specification, and that is what our senior developers do best!
At Unity Developers, we have a well-tried and trusted plan for actioning a project, which sees us deliver a series of well-defined steps, being:
- Requirements gathering. We analyse your project with you and identify key deliverable in terms of technical content, timescales, resources, and budgets.
- Working with you. Once a clear picture of what you are actually trying to achieve is confirmed, we allocate either a senior engineer or an entire team to your project, based on its complexity and milestones. We ensure that all of our selected senior team members are capable of completing your requirements.
- Kicking it off. Once started, we work alongside you and, through constant two-way feedback, ensure that your requirements are being met. In this way, and changes to projects or concerns are highlighted very quickly.
- Switch on, switch off. We understand that a Unity-based project can have protracted timescales, and you may not need us all of the time. We can build in a structured timetable for our developer, but still have them available to you in very short timescales should you need them.
- Support and beyond. And once you project is completed, we will still be there, supplying on-going support to your project.
We understand the advantages of remote working and operate successful agencies around the globe, offering premier development services to clients wherever they may be. We offer the best solution for your project and neatly sidestep the onerous task of a formal recruitment package, put together by someone who doesn’t understand your needs.
Finding senior developers who both understand and can act on the requirements of your project is a hard task, and many companies have fallen foul of developers who promised to fulfil but then failed to deliver. Your project is too important to get it wrong.