Insights From The Blog
Work With Us: Unity Developers are in the Job Market!
Good news if you are a software developer as a recent study has found that they are amongst the happiest people in their careers. Almost no one enjoys getting out of bed as much on a Monday morning as computer programmers and software developers, and their happiness doesn’t even seem to wane during the week. While others are steadily counting down to the weekend, people in software are already looking forward to the following week.
Here at Unity Developers, we are positively brimming with cheer because we are not only in jobs that we love, but spend all day doing stuff that we enjoy. And now, if you are already a strong software developer, you could be joining us. Unity Developers have a space open for another Senior Unity Developer!
So, what does it take to be a part of the team? For a start, you should obviously have a strong interest in Unity and plainly have a good track record of software development. But there are other criteria that we are interested too, and if you tick the boxes, then the spare desk could soon have your name on. Other attributes that we are interested in, and you should be able to demonstrate include:
- Excellent C# skills with ability to write clean code
- Planning and writing clean application architecture
- At least 5 years of proven commercial experience
- Writing code using MVC pattern
Those are essential, not nice-to-have’s, and in addition we would like to see evidence of:
- Experience with multiple platforms – iOS, Android, UWP, Oculus VR, Xbox, and so forth.
- Great Unity UI skills, ability to write custom inspectors
- Git version control skills
- Great attention to detail
- Knowledge of the whole project cycle
- Great communication skills
- Knowledge of optimisation techniques in Unity
Of course, we also have some nice to have too, and it would be good for you to have experience of:
- Photon Networking Framework
- Azure Playfab
- Unity Addressable Asset System
So, that’s a lot of requirements, but we see this as a Senior position and that is reflected in the salary, which we have pegged at £50k+, which isn’t insubstantial. The position would be based at our office, so ideally you need to be located in the St. Neots/Bedford area in Bedfordshire, though remote working may be acceptable initially while you get everything together.
Unity Developers are a growing force in the world of Unity and we would like someone to join us on our journey. Unity Technologies has recently filed for IPO and looks as though it is going to become the major force in gaming and application software. If you think that you fit the bill, you can apply through the Indeed website in the first instance, together with your CV and covering letter, and we’ll take it from there.